Tuesday 15 April 2014

Painted Easter Eggs - 2014

Every year I greatly enjoy hand painting Easter eggs. I always use blown out chicken eggs, or goose eggs if I can get my hands on them. This year I used a variety of markers, permanent markers, fabric markers and Giotto pens (these go onto any surface and give a matt finish). Fabric markers are fun to use on egg shells because they are semi transparent and the colours can be blended softly. I used black permanent marker for all the outlines.

I was very happy with the results. But I'm even happier with how I photographed the eggs this year. I had these old pages from a calendar with vintage botanical drawings. I added a filter to the photos and am thrilled with the results. To me they look like little quirky artworks :)

Have a safe and joyful Easter everyone!










 
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, stunning, gorgeous. You always inspire me xxx

    ReplyDelete